Mold Detection- First Steps in Removing MVOCs at Home

Mold Detection: First Step in Removing MVOCs at Home

Molds are among the mortal enemies of any homeowner. Those slimy, greenish little surface invaders bring nothing beneficial to our homes. In fact, they cause a number of negative health effects in some people. These negative health effects include respiratory problems, skin irritation, headaches, and more. This is why the need for a regular mold detection test is imperative for your families safety.

What causes these negative health effects is the microbial volatile organic compounds (mVOCs) that molds produce. Certain types of molds produce toxins which are sometimes called mycotoxins. The production of mycotoxins is triggered by some environmental factors such as changes in moisture or nutrient supply.

regular mold detection test is imperative

 

What Are Microbial Volatile Organic Compounds?

Our homes’ indoor air is saturated with volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These invisible gasses come from several sources such as paints, air fresheners, gasoline/fuel, and countless others. Without a proper air cleaner, VOCs can accumulate inside a house and cause a myriad of health problems for those living there.

Repeated and prolonged exposure to VOCs causes respiratory tract irritation, skin allergies/rashes, headaches, sickness, blurring/burning eyes, coughing, weakens your concentration, and a lot more issues. This makes it crystal clear that VOCs do not belong in our homes or in our bodies.

It’s pretty easy to forget about VOCs especially when you can’t see and smell them most of the time. However, we regularly need to perform a mold detection test by using a kit or pro service to keep them in check.

Microbial volatile organic compounds or mVOCs are a type of VOCs that mainly come from growing molds. It’s easier to detect molds that grow on wall-like surfaces or other surfaces that people can easily see. However, when molds grow behind your walls, it’s next to impossible to detect them without using advanced mold detection technology. MVOCs are toxic and can cause or worsen illnesses such as asthma, skin irritations, and respiratory infection. It can even cause toxic poisoning.

How Can We Remove MVOCs from Home?How Can We Remove MVOCs from Home?

Toxic microbial volatile organic compounds can cause serious health effects. That is why it’s so important for homeowners to be on constant watch of these compounds and take steps to remove VOCs from home.

The first step to remove mVOCs from home is thorough mold detection. Mold can grow on moist surfaces such as carpets, walls, floors, and fabrics. Inspect surfaces that will get wet. If you want to be 100% positive if there is mold in your home, contact mold detection specialists right away.

Mold especially grows fast on wet fabric. Leave a wet cloth for a few days, and you’ll see mold starting to grow. To remove mold from clothes, you need to use special detergents that can remove tough mold stains and odors. OdorKlenz Laundry detergent powder or liquid additives are the best in the market for such a purpose. Keeping your clothes and other fabrics used at home (like curtains or rugs) dry and free from mold is a major preventative step to remove mVOCs from home.

Buy OK Laundry

Getting rid of mVOCs and other types of VOCs should be a top priority for every family. Exposure to these volatile compounds can put your entire family at risk. Stay vigilant and proactive in mold detection to keep yourself and your family safe from the dangers of exposure to mVOCs.

Hear What People Are Saying About Us…

share post: