Did your New Years resolution involve going to the gym regularly? I bet when you envisioned your new toned workout body, you never imagined the number of dirty clothes that you would generate. When you exert energy at the gym, you produce a lot more sweat than usual. This is why washing workout clothing is essential. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss how to remove perspiration odor from clothes.
Why We Sweat During Exercise
When your heart rate increases during exercise, your body naturally releases chemicals through perspiration. This helps to regulate your body temperature while your blood pressure is higher than normal. Since sweating is inevitable during a workout, the smelly odor of sweat is too. If you have gone to the gym before work in the past, you have probably noticed the pungent odor body sweat leaves on your clothes. Unfortunately, washing workout clothing early in the morning before work is not always an option.
After working out, what should you do with your sweaty laundry? You do not have a choice but to leave it in your gym bag, right? What if you don’t usually drive a car? Maybe you travel using public transportation, and during that time your clothes are just stacked and stewing inside your gym bag. There are many ways you can deal with your smelly gym clothes, especially if you are working out before going to the office.
7 Ways to Remove Body Odor from Clothes
- Try using an antiperspirant before working out: This helps get rid of sweat smell from work out clothes and drastically decreases perspiration during exercise.
- Wear high-quality gym clothing: Something with a microbial finish, laced into the cloth, is even better when washing workout clothing. Fewer bacteria will grow, therefore, reducing foul odors. (This is a great reason to search for the best detergent for gym clothes)
- When you get home try using this tip: Mix one part vinegar with four parts water and soak your dirties for a few minutes before putting them in the washer.
- If you can find a way to hang your clothes (try finding an unutilized spot in the backyard): Avoid, if possible, keeping them inside your bag or hamper. Leaving them inside your gym bag can cause an increase of bacterial growth. Bacteria loves to grow inside your smelly gym clothes hamper.
- Washing workout clothing using the best detergent for gym clothes or mixing baking soda into your sports detergent to eliminate the smell: Before doing this, turn your workout clothes inside out and use the appropriate temperature for washing them.
- Avoid overloading your washing machine: If you pack it too full, your washing machine will lose its effectiveness. At that point, it will not matter if you have the best detergent for gym clothes because they do not have room to tumble. You must leave plenty of room for your washing machine to shift and wash the clothes efficiently.
- You can also choose to air dry your clothing, or you can use a conventional dryer.
Keeping Your Workout Clothing from Smelling Like Mildew
Now that we have gone over some tips on how to remove perspiration odor from clothes, you are better prepared to fulfill that New Years resolution. One of the best things you can do to maintain that fresh clean smell is to wash your laundry regularly. If you have workout clothes that have surpassed musty and now smell like mildew, you can always use an OdorKlenz Laundry Additive when washing your workout clothing. An OdorKlenz Laundry Additive will keep you from having to do multiple washing cycles in order to remove pungent odors from your smelly gym clothes