Mildew stain removal is one of the trickiest housekeeping tasks that you need to learn to tackle – chiefly as a homeowner. Not only are mildew stains an eyesore, but some types of molds pose serious health risks. It’s best to remove molds as soon as possible. In this article, you will learn how to get rid of mildew spots on fabric, wood, and carpet and rugs. Let’s get started!
How to Get Rid of Mildew Spots on Fabric
Getting rid of mold stains is tough especially if it has been there for a long time. The first step in removing molds on a fabric is, of course, to brush off all the mold. Do this outside, but if you can’t, make sure to brush it off over a piece of newspaper, roll it up, and throw it away. Also be aware of ventilation and do your best to avoid close contact with the mold. We also recommend you wear a mask.
If the fabric can’t be washed, just dry-clean it and point the mold spots to the cleaners.
For washable fabrics, it’s best to wash them with a laundry soap you trust, water, and a special additive such as OdorKlenz. OdorKlenz is a useful additive for mildew odor removal that removes mold stains and smells 100%. When this is done, rinse it thoroughly and, if possible, dry the load in the sun and not in the dryer. The heat from the dryer tends to make mold spots on clothing harder to remove, and the sun acts as a natural, gentle bleach which can help tremendously in getting those stains out!
5 Steps to Mildew Stain Removal for Wood
Wet wood surfaces are a perfect habitat for mildew. You need to kill off all the spores to keep the molds from coming back. For efficient mildew stain removal for wood, you will need the following list of supplies:
Once you are equipped, get to work!
- First, mix one gallon of water with 3/4 cup of bleach.
- Then fill the second bucket with clean, plain water.
- Dip the sponge into the bleach-water mixture and scrub the mold until it is gone.
- Don’t wet the wood for too long.
- When the stains are finally removed, rinse the wood with clean water and dry it off as much as you can.
Removing Mildew Stains from Carpets
Almost every household has at least one carpet or rug. Carpets can make your home stylish, but they become unsightly with a mildew stain. Removing mildew stains from carpets is a bit tricky task, but it can be done! Your carpet’s manufacturer may have specific instructions, but there are some things you should do no matter what so here are a few tips:
- Firsts, vacuum the carpet to remove as much mold as you can. Then be sure to throw away the vacuum cleaner bag. Wear a mask as well since inhaling molds, especially black mold, can be hazardous to your health.
- Then get a sponge and soak it with soapy water (add OdorKlenz into the mixture for a stronger mold remover).
- When removing mildew stains from carpets, it’s important not to scrub or grind the sponge since this can push the mildew spores deeper into the carpet fibers. Just dab it gently and let the cleaning material work its magic.
- Don’t wet the carpet too much. Remember that moist invites molds, and we don’t want more of that.
Get the Best Products for Mildew Stain Removal for Wood, Fabric, and Carpets
You’ll often get instructions to use natural ingredients like vinegar to remove mildew stains, but these home remedy ideas are not good enough for tough mildew stain cases like eliminating mildew stains from carpets. Spores can be stubborn and difficult to remove, so you need to get your hands on the best products out there. Get the toughest bleach, soap, and laundry additive for a mildew stain removal for wood and other surfaces that won’t fail you.
Our Recommended Solution…
The OdorKlenz Laundry Liquid offers the important step in eradicating odors out of your fabrics. Have confidence in an odorless wardrobe and trust that your linens will be free of any funky smells. Ideal for any fabric odors including smoke, grease, body odor, mildew, fragrances, chemicals, urine, or musty smells. Just use 1/4 to 1/2 a cup in your laundry load, mixed with your regular, unscented laundry detergent.
- Contains No Masking Agents or Fragrances
- Safe to Use on All Washable Fabrics
- Provides Complete Odor Elimination. Say Goodbye to Foul Odors in Your Clothes for Good!
We are confident that our OdorKlenz Technology will drastically reduce the odors in your home, if it doesn’t live up to your expectations, we will issue a full refund within 30 days of your purchase!
Click Below to Buy Today!