We know many people like to soak their clothing or washable items, especially when they become contaminated with chemicals or odors. This can serve useful to get some of the most stubborn odors but also reduces those pollutants from going into your washing machine.
Here is our recommendation for doing a soaking step before the laundry goes into the washing machine:
Note: This process works best with the Liquid Version of our Laundry Products. It can be done with the powder version, but it will require more frequent agitation.
- Select a bucket or container that will comfortably hold (i.e. room to float) the items you are wanting to soak in our Laundry product.
- Fill the empty container with enough warm water that will fully cover the wash items.
- Next, add our Liquid Laundry Additive (1/4 to 1/2 cup). Agitate to disperse the product.
- Add the clothing items you wish to soak.
- Let the items soak for at least 30 minutes (longer time period will increase effectiveness).
- If the Laundry Additive has settled to the bottom, agitate to resuspend the product.
- After your soaking period is over, remove the items and place them in the washing machine.
- Follow your normal washing care practices as recommended by your clothing label and washing machine manual.
- Agitate occasionally during soaking to increase the success of the process.
- Use warm water instead of cold water in the soaking process and in the washing machine.
- Extra rinse at the end of the cycle for the washing machine.
- Overload the soaking container. Overloading makes it difficult for the product to work properly. The level of contamination may be too much for the recommended dosage and the product may not be able to fully contact all the odor sources.
- Do not use in combination with bleach, vinegar, or other additives. These counteract the efficacy of our product.