Getting in shape or staying in shape takes commitment and effort. If you have ever endeavored to improve your health through fitness, you know that it takes a lot of planning and even more motivation to make that happen. Think back to the start of this year; did your New Years resolution involve going to the gym regularly? Many of us start out the new year with high motivation and even higher hopes for an improved level of fitness. Along the way, we might hit some less glamorous roadblocks. Getting out of a cozy bed in the morning to go work out, finding the right fitness programs, or even just locating an unoccupied exercise machine at the gym can kill motivation; and when you envisioned your new toned workout body, you probably never imagined the number of dirty clothes that you would generate! While there are many things that can derail your fitness goals, don’t give up; especially if you are frustrated by removing smells from dirty gym laundry. In this article, we will discuss perspiration; why it happens and how to quickly and efficiently remove perspiration odor from clothes.
Why We Sweat During Exercise
When you exert energy at the gym, you produce a lot more sweat than usual. As your heart rate increases during exercise, your body naturally releases chemicals through perspiration. This innate physiological response helps to regulate your body temperature while your blood pressure is higher than normal, so sweat is a good thing!
Since sweating is inevitable during a workout, it can feel like the smelly odor of sweat is unavoidable too. At times, this odor issue can be even more problematic. For example, if you have ever gone to the gym before work in the past and had to toss your post-workout clothes quickly into a stuffy gym bag, you have probably noticed the pungent odor body sweat leaves on your clothes when you pull them out of your backpack at the end of the day. Unfortunately, washing your workout clothes right away- early in the morning before work- is not always an option.
How Should We Properly Care For Gym Clothes
We know that a solid washing routine is essential to care for workout clothing and handle odor issues, so after working out, what should you do with your sweaty laundry? Often, you do not have a choice but to leave it in your gym bag, right? What if you don’t usually drive a car, but travel using public transportation? If you commute straight from the gym to the workplace, chances are during that time, and for the remainder of the day, your clothes are just stacked and stewing inside your gym bag. Don’t lose hope; there are many ways you can deal with your smelly gym clothes, especially if you are working out before going to the office. Here are seven ways to keep your workout clothing from smelling like mildew and body odor.
- Try using an antiperspirant before working out: This precautionary measure helps get rid of sweat smell from work out clothes and drastically decreases perspiration during exercise.
- Wear high-quality gym clothing: Look for something with a microbial finish laced into the cloth. Not only is it breathable during a workout, but it is even better at dispelling odors when washing workout clothing. Microbial material means that fewer bacteria will grow, therefore, reducing foul odors. If you are going to put out some money to invest in appropriate gym attire, this is another great reason to search for the best detergent for gym clothes to keep them performing at their best for a long time.
- Try using this natural odor eliminating tip: When you get home, mix one part vinegar with four parts water and soak your dirties in the vinegar and water solution for a few minutes before putting them in the washer.
- Find a way to hang your clothes: If you can, try finding an unutilized spot in the backyard and air those babies out! Avoid, if possible, keeping them inside your bag or hamper for an extended period. Leaving them inside your gym bag can cause an increase of bacterial growth. Bacteria love to grow inside your smelly gym clothes hamper; so don’t let this happen to you!
- Wash your workout clothing using the best detergent for gym clothes. Using a proven, high-quality laundry soap is the best way to eliminate odor problems. Also, you can try mixing baking soda into your sports detergent to reduce the smell. For best care of your clothing, be sure to turn your workout clothes inside out before doing this and use the appropriate temperature for washing them.
- Avoid overloading your washing machine: If you pack your washing machine too full, it will lose its effectiveness. At that point, it will not matter if you have the best detergent for gym clothes because they do not have room to tumble, shift, and agitate. Agitation is critical for your washing machine to wash the clothes efficiently, so you must leave plenty of room inside for this to occur.
- Air dry your clothing when possible: Have you ever heard the expression about ‘airing your dirty laundry’? It gets all the stink out! You can also choose to use a conventional dryer, but in general, air drying is easiest on your fabrics and has the best chance at encouraging the fresh, clean scent that you desire.
Keeping Your Workout Clothing from Smelling Like Mildew
Now that we have gone over some helpful tips on how to remove perspiration odor from your gym clothes, you are better prepared to fulfill that New Years resolution. One of the best things you can do to maintain that fresh, clean smell is to wash your laundry regularly using a high-quality detergent formulated to eliminate odors. If you have workout clothes that have surpassed musty odor and now smell like mildew, you can always use an OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive when washing your workout clothing. An OdorKlenz Laundry Additive will remove Body Odor from Clothes and keep you from having to do multiple washing cycles to remove pungent odors from your smelly gym clothes. That saves you time and money.
Our Recommended Solution…
The OdorKlenz Sport Laundry Additive works effectively against the foulest of sweat and body odors. It works perfectly along with your laundry detergent, working to completely eliminate the body sweat odors. No more smelling like a gym after using this sport laundry additive!
- Effectively Eliminates Sweat and Body Odors
- Safe to Use on Dri-Fit and Yoga Pants
- Apply 1/4 to 1/2 a Cup (Depending on Load Size), with Unscented Detergent
- Use Warm, High Agitation Cycle
We are confident that our OdorKlenz Technology will drastically reduce the odors in your home, if it doesn’t live up to your expectations, we will issue a full refund within 30 days of your purchase!
Click below to buy TODAY!
Hear What People Are Saying About Us…